View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oniblade-na

re: DECLINED - Rogue Application Xsiv / Qni y - by Ríín

Character Info:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Qni/simple

QnI - Nelf rogue @Frostmane 

(PS apologies for posting app in this manor but i wast sure the automated "Apply to Guild" option actually sent it as it took me a while to type it up...page might have expired) 

Tell us your name, age, and where you are from.

Uri Pavlov M26

Edinburgh Uk - the castle home of Scotland 

Do you have a working microphone, and are you willing to use it?

Fully functional LG headset and Microphone with Apple bugs with built in mike for emergency use. (i mostly use the apple earphones for extra quiet and ambiance cancellation). I do however often combine the 2 as i use a separate Windows touchscreen tablet for my voice communication programs (Vent TS Mumble etc) separate from the Desktop PC as i need to see who when why is speaking, while the game is fullscreen on the main monitor. It gets easyer later on once you learn people's names

Tell us your previous raiding exprience. Please include a brief summary of your Kills when the content was current..

BT / SWP some unsuccessfull pugs near end of TBC

Wrath : 25man Satharion, 25EOE, 25Naxx Cleared + 12/ 16 Mount run Ulduar10 man full clear + 8/13 mount run Two light in the dark /// 25 - cleared up to YogSaron TOC10/25 Full normal clear + some heroing attempts at Heroic to no avail(about the time Avarice started breaking up) ICC 10 - Full normal clear / 8/12 HC clear dont remember how many achivs i did for mount in 10 man at the time ICC 25 11/12 Norm clear / 6/12 HC (with an embarrassingly high amount of lootship kills)

Cataclysm - T1 25 man Full Normal clear / + HC Atramedes Halfus T2 Firelands 25 man 6/7 Heroic - didnt have DPS for Raggy + Full Mount run T3 Dragon soul 25 man Full Heroic cleared + Mount run + Legendary Daggers

Mysts Of Pandaria T1 25 man Heroic twins before 5.1 hit - one of top realm kills Curve Sha / empress 11/15 HC overall T2 Throne of Thunder 25man - 3/14 HC + Leishen curve T3 Seige of Orgrimar 25man - 11/14 HC Pre-Nerf and some post nerf clears but...

Warlords of Daenor T1 30man - Full Heroic clear + Curve 6/7 Mythic  BRF Blackhand Curve some Myhtinc Exp + allot of high hopes for the future 

What the last few previous raiding guilds you were in and what were your reasons for leaving?

TBC - () ALLIANCE HEROES - guild started falling apart before Sunwell patch - had to pug too many people. 

Wrath - (horde) Hordelums - stopped playing as they only needed me as a healer shaman, and i was alt slumming there anyway
Avarice - from T8 to TOtC - GM Ruggz stopped playing and guild lost too many members.
(<Lightning's Blade>) Oppressum - good guild overall but the progress was frequently tripped up due to arguments over tactics / comps by the GM and his officers 
Heaven's Fury - guild jsut sort of died early into Cata - due to server quickly becoming deserted. I blame Paragon for that - they chased away all the serious 25 man raiding guilds, it took the life away from the server. 
Cata - Myst - left guild on good terms to focus on PvP for the end of S11 - have nothing bad to say about those guys. 
MOP - Slaystation back when Avinash was GM pre5.1, later joined Licentia Proeliator from TOT to the end of the expansion, raided SOO with them, again have nothing bad to say about the Licenthia guys - left them at end of S14 to chase RMPs on Outland. 
WOD - CO-GM'd True Reprisal - however the recruiting of people on a realm like silvermoon is hard, not for a lack of people but due to the established pecking order of the realm (Its like trying to catch lint in an air tunnel) - making it very hard for new guilds to break through. Putting together a roster for Mythic was increasingly difficult as we constantly blead out members / replaced and had to pug too many people. Eventually had to join up with Symbiotic ubiquity (however they simply disintegrated after BRF hit despite good progress leading up to that) 

Why Four Oh Four?

Why not?

We raid Wednesday,Thursday and Monday from 19.15 until 22.15 server time. Will you be able to attend these days?

I will have no problems with 100% attendance, this raiding scedule does not conflict with my day to day stuff at all so its fine.

Can you please give us some insight into your talent choices and gems/enchants? 

I feel that i can do more than that - i could give you deep insight into all the speccs and all things Rogue as well as secret tools available to me, so that even if recruitment isnt an option here anyone else reading this app will gain some knowledge: 

Subtlety - (as of WOD 6.0.3) Subtlety has always been a burst specc ever since it became viable for PVE at end of 4.2 Firelands patch - delivering Optimum DPS from the second you decide to reveal yourself from the shadows.The advantage of this is that it has NO rampup time and can pump out the damage needed immediately- making it good for target changes. Subtlety works in the following way - you use stealth Combo point generating abilities such as Cheapshot (used on stunnable adds that pose a threat and would rather be disabled for 3-4 sec, During the time the add is stunned you will pour more damage on it than having  1 Ambush or Garrote's worth of damage put on it, a prefered tactic in fights that are not an Enrage threat), Ambush and Garrote to apply the " http://www.wowhead.com/spell=91023/find-weakness " Debuff which allows you to ignore a large portion of the target's armor for 10 sec - During that time you should use up your previously built up combo points on finishers for the optimum burst allowable. Accompanying this debuff and applied before hand should be the Rupture bleed or the Glyphed Hemorrhage bleed effect for the increased damage done to target from " http://www.wowhead.com/spell=79147/sanguinary-vein " and Now thanks to the new Blade Twisting effect of Sinister calling (making your bleeds tick instantly once you get an Ambush or Backstab multistrike) the rotation priority has changed slightly - because Rupture has the highest energy / damage done ratio it must always be up. Lets say that you have 8 sec left on a rupture bleed and you have built up 5 combo points on the target - ordinarily you would Use Eviscerate ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2098/eviscerate ) and then proceed to reapply Rupture with another full set of 5 points - But if 1-2 of your backstabs multistrikes you will deplete the rupture debuff prematurely and either be forced to apply a lower combo point rupture, use Hemorrhage early both of which are a DPS loss, or have Rupture downtime on the target. This is why with the help of Anticipation you keep 2-3 Combo points in store before using a finisher as long as Rupture is below 50% duration. (Overcapping combo points and wasting them used to be a big problem and a main source of DPS loss before we were blessed with Anticipation) On Opener for the greatest burst with Subtlety you always use shadow reflection when you are using shadow dance - then pumpout the greatest ammount of damage / debuff application possible so that as much of that as possible is copied over from your shadowclone: Direct damage spells work the best however - Ambush and eviscerate, DOTs dont add that much and your shadowclone wont benefit that much if you copy it over a Slice & Dice - It is ofc important to have S&D up always for the energy gain benefit in subtlety and the attack speed buff- S&D can be refreshed with 4-5 sec remaining on it with no dps lost. Once the target has bleeds / you have buffs up and 5 combo points built up - you can use Vanish to reopen and reapply Expose weakness (being careful not to overlap them from a previous opener / shadowdance) and then Use a double Eviscerate for optimum burst.

It is always best to use Shadowdance and Vanish + reopen after pooling some energy (80%+ is good) so as to utilize as much as possible of it for high damage spells like Ambush and giving you Debuff time and combo points to use up afterwards. (alltho with the 2set bonus from WOD T1 "gain 60 energy when you shadowdance - its better to use up your energy for Combo builders 1st - it complete contradiction to normal rules) 

Overview: Keep Rupture / S&D up, use Shadow Reflection with dance / Spend CP on Eviscerates while Expose weakness is up 

As mastery directly replaces haste with the finisher "Slice and Dice" in subtlety you tend to prioritise mastery over other stats - as well as Multistrike which receives the greatest benefit from Subt. and is a main source of DPS behind the Blade Twisting mechanic of " http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31220/sinister-calling " 

This is why My gems / enchant priority for subtlety us 

#1 Multistrike Due to Blade Twisting 

#2 Mastery due to S&D attack speed bonus and Finisher damage boost 2in1 package deal

#3 crit / haste are on par atm 

For weapons [Mark of the Frostwolf] MH for the Multistrike bonus and after many many many hours spend testing this in raids and behind dummies [Mark of the Shattered Hand] enchant on the Offhand weapon seems to give the greater overall DPS output

Combat - the core purpose of this specc is and always has been (since CATA 4.1) cleave - high amount of damage on multiple targets thanks to Blade Flurry. The rotation of combat is somewhat tricky to time just right as it uses Bandit's Guile to grant "Insight" granting Shallow / moderate / Deep insight which gives 10% / 20% and 30%+ additional 20% from improved bandit's guile (50% total in deep insight) enhanced damage respectively, and to do the greatest damage - you need to be most active during 3/3 Deep insight. Insight proccs and advances to its next stage every 4 Sinister strikes. The way i utilize this damage buff is to use High damage spell such as Killing spree / Death from above/ Double evsc. during the 3rd Stage of the buff for the greatest damage, and to use Adrenaline rush to quickly build up to stage 3. The tricky part with the timing comes from utilizing the limited duration of deep insight but not to let the moderate / shallow insight fall off when you are in a trans-phase or slow phase of a fight. For Example - there is a add coming to the boss which must be bust down quickly and Blade Flurry + Deep insight would be perfect for the occasion, giving you little DPS loss on the main target. You dont want to stay energy capped or use up the buff prematurely however, or risk it falling off prematurely when in stage 1/3 2/3. So instead of spamming SS you switch to using Revealing strike as an intermediate placeholder Combo builder, only using SS to refresh the Insight buff. I prefer Using Killing spree in 3/3 Deep insight for the greatest damage allowable, but sometimes use it as an intermediate Energy pooling spell. Death from above is the best choice for combat thanks to its excellent Damage / energy ratio ( best ratio in combat rotation, making it the preferred finisher regardless of the situation) and its good AOE effect which adds to combat's already elite AOE capability. Death from above should be saved for a quick add burst however as it does have a 20 sec CD, and some ads need to be gotten rid of ASAP. 

Glyph of disappearance " http://www.wowhead.com/item=110853/glyph-of-disappearance " is a must in non-subt speccs as you get a 1min Cooldown on Vanish = free Ambush every 60 sec (or atleast 1 with a 75% reduced energy requirement) , this is an excellent source of combo points when you are low in points / energy and need to refresh S&D for example. 

For the best AOE burst you of-course use Killing spree coupled with Blade flurry, immediately followed by a 5 point Death from above when you have the 50% damage buff up - if you can line these spells up successfully and use then when needed you have come close to mastering combat... a simple specc.... simple to learn, impossible to master. 

The only disadvantage to combat is the loss of control over your character while using spells like Killing spree and Death from above - which can sometimes land you in a puddle of DEATH. I warn newcomers to combat that this is one thing they should lookout for. I can recall many'a defiles and Garalon bellies being tickled by Killing spree mishaps over the years.  

Since the 2.6 speed weapons in combat have a 100% hit chance now the most important stat for combat is haste - for the highest amount of melee hits in the time allowed as well as increased energy regeneration (which in combat depends not only directly on haste but indirectly as well from offhand strikes granting you 15 energy ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35551/combat-potency ) Followed closely by Mastery which for now scales the fastest and grants a free 140% offhand attack % chance on every MH attack - making it directly enhanced by haste yet again - the faster your MH hits the higher number of "Main Gauche" you will have of doing. To sum up:

#1 Haste - due to 100% hit chance and energy regen

#2 Mastery - substitutes and scales faster than Multistrike

#3 Multistrike / crit - with Multistrike still having a significant advantage 

For weapons MH [Mark of the warsong] for haste buff works best with [mark of the shattered hand] on Offhand having a slight advantage in AOE situarions than a 2nd Warsong enchant 

Assassination - even tho it has some of the lowest DPS outputs so far in WOD i still like to keep everything fresh. Assassi has always been about 3 things - Patience, Timing and staying cool.

Hitman lesson #1 - Being Patient: You have to wait for your target to be made vulnerable by your abilities - you always open slowly with 1-2 combo builders and the apply a Rupture for the Venomous wounds " http://www.wowhead.com/spell=79134/venomous-wounds " to take effect, then you wait, for what ? To find out you will have to be patient and read to the end of the assassi section.

Hitman lesson #2 - Timing: Timing is everything - you must utilize maximum energy usage by refreshing Rupture only after the last tick has expired for optimum energy / damage ratio. Timing the Envenom for optimum poison application buff is where you makup or lose the most DPS - ideally using Envenom right after the previous buff expires so as to have maximum buff uptime. The fine art of Assassi is to keep up the envenom buff for as long as possible all the while using as many combo point builders during. This is because Mutilate and Dispatch also have a chance to apply  poisons and that chance is highest during the envenom's buff effect. Using Dispatch proccs whenever you get 1  before continuing to use Mutilate is a Key priority - as they cost no energy and do massive damage. 

Hitman lesson #3 - Staying cool - since assassination has very little panic triggers, there is little you can make mistakes on which leaves you free to concentrate more on your surroundings / boss abilities and rotation

Patience is rewarded near the end of the fight after the target drops below 35% health - because that is when Utilizing the extremely powerful Dispatch spell becoming permanently available (not just through Mutilate proccs) - the highest % Execute spell in the game, with a base damage greater than Ambush - the deadliest in the rogue's arsenal. That is when you will really start climbing the DPS meter. 

Gearing priorities for assassination

#1 Mastery due to Envenom / Venomous wounds and poison damage 

#2 haste / multistrike seem to both be near par with  slight DPS edge coming from haste

#3 Crit 

Weapon enchants 2x[Mark of bleeding Hollow] as poisons contribute too much to DPS AOE and single target to be topped by Shattered hand enchants. 

Do you have an off-spec that you can play and what is its gear and your play experience with it?

Subtlety MS - most experience with 

Combat OS - very experienced 

Can change to Assassi in a pinch with some regemming - its good to keep things fresh. 

What addons do you use?

WeakAuras - heps spacial awareness and helps with keeping track of dangerous boss abilities

Recount - the live feed of your damage / heal output helps you track and spot if you have forgotten a buff or to use a certain abilitiy - its not just a "Multicolored Epeen race to see which one can grow the fastest / biggest"  It has legit use. 

Target Health Percent - personal preference, as i like to see hard numbers as well as more indepth percentages. 

DBM - the original BigWigs

aswell as a veritable clusterfuck of PvP addons very few of which are useful in raids so i keep them switched off most of the time. 

Finally... Do you have anything else you would like to add?

The thing i feel im leaving out is to add a rogue's role in raiding - as the most resilient class that is near immune to AOE and spells (for a short time anyway) with a high skillcap you can assign a rogue to do things that other people just cant.

With a varied arsenal of mobility spells like Shadowstep and burst of speed - i have often had to help out on a far away priority target that the ranged players assigned are having trouble with, eg sporeshooters, MC'd players etc - in the case of MCd targets i choose to quick lock them down rather than risk an ability going off. This is accomplished with the wide range of stunlocks interrupts and disable / disorient effect that a rogue has: In a single bout you can CS>Garrote>Kidney>Kick>gouge>Blind>Deadly throw with 5 pts. and then allow yourself enough time to start the cycle anew

The increased mobility gives me the option to hang closer to a danger zone you are supposed to flee, just a little longer for a dps increase - a calculated risk that you have the option of taking if the DPS on boss isnt quite enough. The rogue's feint ability makes them highly resistent to AOE damage - this spell can be utilized to save yourself and the healers allot of trouble and mana. For example if there is an AOE damage spell that needs to be soaked like Exploding adds on Elegon HC, Pools on Malkorok or Stomp on Morchok that would kill any 1 player or requires a tank - you can assign a rogue to solo it thanks to Feint.

I do most of my theorycrafting behind a training dummy, but i still frequent PTR and mmoChamp.  

Time played this Char: 442 days + as of writing this app

Other games i like: Quake3, CS, pretty much all other Blizz titles, DMC5 /3  Command&Conquer PRE EA titles. Whont go in to console games but i have rigged up my PC so that i can play WoW with an  Xbox360 controller!  

Hope you enjoy the read and im looking forward to hearing from you

respectfully Xsiv 

Doomhellbringer

You have logged out in your combat gear i want to check out sub gear as well. I aint gonna write a wall of text i'll leave that to lil' ms.nosey.

Oniblade-na

Done - not many differences really - cloak wrists ring swapped for Multistrike > haste as well as Beating heart trinket replacing Captive Micro-abberation

-Místt-
Guild Master

Thanks for your application.

Ill get a chance to look at this app in detail hopefully today but your logs are quite old for some bosses.  I highly recommend getting a fresh BRF HC and logging it.  Going by some of your numbers on your current logs they dont impress.

Its not hard to setup logging for yourself and show how you perform on the early bosses.  Not had time to do a full read of everything you wrote yet which ill get to.  But if you can get me those logs it will greatly help your chances.

GDPR#4426664

re: GDPR#4426664

GDPR#4426664
-Místt-
Guild Master

After finally getting some peace to read your app.  I did skip over the rogue details part I'll leave that for Anda to learn something.

Your previous experience is good, ex-gm tells me you should have a clue about what to do and things going into fights and the knowledge and pure helpfulness of owning up to your own mistakes and not hiding from responsibility.

Was going to say you had good English until I read where you were from so kind of a daft statement.

I have asked you about logs but you've not gotten back to me but now I have read the app fully I am willing to give you a try and accept you as a trial if you are still interested.

Whisper anyone online for an invite.

-Místt-
Guild Master

No word back.  Changing to declined.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    404 Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum